Honors Higher Algebra
- Course number:
- Part 1: T350S (Summer), T350F (Fall), T350W (Winter)
- Part 2: T352S (Summer), T352F (Fall), T350W (Winter)
- Grade(s) offered: 9 - 12
- Credits: .5 (per semester)
- Prerequisites: B or better in Honors Geometry, B+ or better in Geometry, or teacher recommendation for Part 1. Completion of Part 1 for Part 2.
Course Description: The course reviews and extends the concepts learned in Algebra and Geometry. Semester 1 topics include: Function Notation Transformations of functions, Quadratic functions and Higher Degree Polynomials. Semester 2 topics include: Recursion, Exponential Equations, Logarithms, Probability, matrices, and conic sections.
Instructional Methods/Assessments: Instructional methods include video lectures, text notes, and discussions, cooperative and individual investigation. Assessments include daily work, tests, quizzes and proctored midterm and semester final exam.
Minnesota State Standards: Portions of I. Mathematical Reasoning, II. Number Sense, Computation, and Operations, III. Patterns, Functions, and Algebra, IV Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability.
Recommended Background for Success: Students should have the ability to solve multi-step equations and inequalities, graph linear equations and inequalities, set up and solve word problems, and multiply and factor polynomials. Students should have a graphing calculator.
- Complete Course Catalog
- Summer Courses
- How Do I Register?
- Fees and Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar I
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar II