- Course number:
- Part 1: T304S (Summer), T304F (Fall), T304W (Winter)
- Part 2: T306S (Summer), T306F (Fall), T306W (Winter)
- NOTE: This course may be split over two summers; continuous registration is not required. Some students may take this course over two summers and enroll in Higher Algebra during the school year.
- Grade(s) offered: 9 - 12
- Credits: .5 (per semester)
- Prerequisites: Successful completion of Quadratic Algebra or 8th grade Algebra for Part 1. Completion of Part 1 for Part 2.
Course Description: This course builds on topics covered in Algebra of Lines, or middle school Pre-algebra. Topics include data handling, drawing scatter plots, polynomial expressions, quadratic functions and solving quadratic equations, and exponential functions.
Instructional Methods/Assessments: Instructional methods include video lectures, text notes, and discussions, cooperative and individual investigation. Assessments include daily work, tests, quizzes and proctored midterm and semester final exam.
Minnesota State Standards: Portions of I. Mathematical Reasoning, II Number Sense, Computation, and Operations, III. Patterns, Functions, and Algebra, V. Spatial, Sense, Geometry and Measurement.
Recommended Background for Success: Students should have the ability to solve linear equations and quadratic equations, solve systems of equations, graph linear and quadratic equations visualize objects and understand area and perimeter, understand and work with ratio and proportions.
- Complete Course Catalog
- How Do I Register?
- Fees and Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar I
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar II