- Course number:
- Part 1: T304S (Summer), T304F (Fall), T304W (Winter)
- Part 2: T306S (Summer), T306F (Fall), T306W (Winter)
- NOTE: This course may be split over two summers; continuous registration is not required. Some students may take this course over two summers and enroll in Higher Algebra during the school year.
- Grade(s) offered: 9 - 12
- Credits: .5 (per semester)
- Prerequisites: Successful completion of Quadratic Algebra or 8th grade Algebra for Part 1. Completion of Part 1 for Part 2.
Course Description: This two-semester course is an alternative to Geometry 3012. Topics include all of the graduated required substrands of the Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) related to geometry. This course is for students who have struggled in math in previous courses and would like intensive preparation for the state assessment.
Instructional Methods/Assessments: Lectures, discussions in groups and as a class, individual investigation and discovery, visual instruction with computer, graphing calculator, and the white board are all employed to teach course material. Assessments included daily work, quizzes, tests, group work and semester final exams.
Minnesota State Standards: Portions of I. Mathematical Reasoning, II Number Sense, Computation, and Operations, III. Patterns, Functions, and Algebra, V. Spatial, Sense, Geometry and Measurement
Recommended Background for Success: Students should have the ability to solve linear equations and quadratic equations, solve systems of equations, graph linear and quadratic equations, visualize objects and understand area and perimeter, understand and work with ratio and proportions
- Complete Course Catalog
- Summer Courses
- How Do I Register?
- Fees and Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar I
- Watch the 2018-19 Webinar II