Frequently Asked Questions
- Who will support me during the Senior Capstone project?
- What about end-of-year exams?
- Will I receive academic credit for my senior capstone project?
- What if I do not complete my capstone project?
- What are my next steps?
Professional Mentor: Your mentor will help you (1) complete the objectives section and sign documents in your Capstone application, (2) provide supervision during your project, (3) offer expertise in your area of study, (4) communicate with the Project Coordinator, if necessary, and (5) complete a final, online questionnaire to provide feedback.
Project Coordinator: Ms. Briana Wilson (email@example.com) will (1) communicate with students using Schoology, (2) help guide students throughout process, (3) oversee all student projects, (4) communicate with Professional Mentors, if necessary, provide final approval/denials of student proposals, and (5) if possible, visit the project location to see how things are going and evaluate the student experience.
Capstone Committee: This committee is a group of teachers or other staff members who will (1) assist in the process, (2) guide and help students, (3) review the project proposals, and (4) if possible, visit the project location to see how things are going and evaluate the student experience and (5) conduct a 5- to 10-minute exit interview to finalize the experience.
It is expected that students selected to do a Senior Capstone project will, by virtue of their superior academic performance, be exempt not only from the last two weeks of coursework, but from projects and exams given during the last two weeks of school. We DO expect students to finish any final projects, speeches, papers, etc. that are a required culminating experience for a course. However, students should not be made responsible for work that takes place during the Senior Capstone project period. NOTE: You will not be excused from work and/or exams given on or prior to Wednesday, May 20.
In rare circumstances, if an exam is absolutely necessary for a particular class, we expect you to make arrangements with the classroom teacher to take the test.
- Check eligibility requirements.
- Enroll in the “MHS Senior Capstone Project” Schoology course using the access code 4QVX3-F4F75.
- Download and complete the application and then complete the accompanying Google form.
- On or before February 21, 2020, complete the Google form and submit the application via Schoology. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Capstone Program
Senior Capstone Calendar | Spring 2020
Friday, January 31
Early Decision Applications DUE
Friday, February 21
Application due date
Wednesday, May 20
Last day of school for Senior capstone students
May 21–June 3
Senior Capstone project period
Thursday, June 4
Capstone Community Fair in MHS Commons (11:30 a.m.– 1:45 p.m.)
June 5–June 8
Tuesday, June 9
Class of 2020 Commencement at U.S. Bank Stadium