Kindergarten Registration Timeline
- Kindergarten students should be five years old by September 1. Parents may request early entrance consideration for children turning five by October 31.
- Early Childhood Screening: This screening is required by the State of Minnesota for all preschool-aged children (ages three to five), before entering public school. If you have already completed screening through Minnetonka, you are all set! If this screening was completed through another district, please upload your child’s Screening Summary when you submit the birth certificate and proof of address during registration. If your child still needs to complete Early Childhood Screening, register here.
- Online registration for resident families in Minnetonka School District is now open. Families must register all children entering Kindergarten, even if other siblings are currently enrolled.
- Additional communication from Minnetonka Public Schools will be sent out in October. There will also be opportunities to visit schools in November and December. This is when you will need to decide on your school of choice.
- The resident priority deadline to complete the online registration form is January 15. Resident applications will be accepted after the deadline, but first-choice schools or programs may be filled.
- The state deadline for open enrollment applications is January 15. Late applications will be accepted as space allows. Approved open-enrolled families will receive an email with instructions for registering online.
- Our elementary schools host a Kindergarten welcome event in the spring for all enrolled students. Please watch your email for additional communication.
- All enrolled families will receive an email in mid-August from the Minnetonka Technology Department with instructions for claiming a Skyward account for lunch payments and more.
Contact Student Accounting
Student last names A-L:
Student last names M-Z:
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Minnetonka Schools Student Registration
5621 County Rd 101
Minnetonka, MN 55345
*Please note, to schedule a tour you may call the school of interest directly or complete our visit form.
Submit questions and feedback online and receive a response within one business day through Let’s Talk.