Yearbook - The Voyageur
- How much does the yearbook cost?
- When are senior pictures due?
- I forgot to pick up my yearbook. Where can I get it now?
- May I still buy yearbooks from past years?
- How do I join the yearbook staff?
- Whom do I contact if I have questions about yearbook?
Both senior pictures and senior baby ads (available to purchase for $25) are due on Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2016. Specific information is mailed to families of seniors in the fall. Basic information:
- Senior photos will be published in color, but black and white or sepia photos may also be used.
- Try to submit a head and shoulder shot; faces in full body shots get really small!
- Clothing/props/attire must follow the school dress code. (See the MHS Student Handbook)
- Submit a photo with a vertical layout. Any horizontal submissions will be cropped to fit.
- Photos will be submitted electronically, so make sure the photo is saved as a .jpeg or .png file at least 300ppi if wallet-sized.
- Senior photos should be named with the senior’s first and last name and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the senior’s name and the words “senior photo” in the subject line.
- Baby ads can be purchased from www.balfour.com starting in the fall. Please read the info sheet closely to follow the correct style.
Yearbook includes two semester courses and after-school time as needed at MHS.
Applicants go through an application process just prior to spring registration for admission to the year-long class. In June, returning staff members begin the planning and production of the yearbook at a summer yearbook camp. Throughout the first three quarters, students create the yearbook (design layouts, take pictures, interview students, write captions). Fourth quarter, students create the spring supplement and begin planning for the next year. This is a great opportunity for students to learn real world responsibilities and take pride in the results. Underclassmen are encouraged to apply!
Advisor: Bethany Holt