2017 Heart Week is Monday, Feb. 13 through Friday, Feb. 17
Heart Week is a chance for students and staff of MHS to come together and raise money for Minnetonka Family Friends. Family Friends is an organization that assists Minnetonka students and their families that are in need of financial help by doing anything from paying their heat bill to taking care of an ACT application fee to purchasing a graphing calculator.
- $10 provides money for snacks at school for a week
- $25 covers the cost of one field trip
- $50 covers an ACT fee
- $75 covers reduced lunch costs for one year
- $100 provides a grocery store gift card
Heart Week events:
- Thursday, Feb. 16, 5-7 p.m.
- MHS cafeteria
- $10/person or $40/family of four or more
The evening will include:
- A silent auction
- Dinner by Spasso’s
- Musical entertainment by MHS students throughout the evening
- Face painting, and games (bring your family!)
Support this event
Heart Week dress-up days
- Monday, Feb. 13 - Pajama Day
- Tuesday, Feb. 14 - Winter Sport Day
- Wednesday, Feb. 15 - Favorite Holiday
- Thursday, Feb. 16 - Hippie vs. Corporate
- Friday, Feb. 17 - Heart Week Spirit Day (wear Heart Week t-shirt or red/pink)
On sale Feb. 13-17 in the commons during lunches:
Matchmakers, candy, t-shirts, singing telegrams, pictures with cupid, flowers, crush cans, Friday Fun Day tickets, Benefit Dinner tickets and dance tickets.
Heart Week’s Friday Fun Day:
Donate to participate
- Friday, Feb. 17
- $5/person and $7/ man pageant (see Mary Beth Wiig in the counseling office if you need assistance)
This day is an early release day, with freshmen and sophomore activities taking place hours 1, 2, 3 and junior and senior activities hours 4, 5, 6.
The Man Pageant will be held during the upperclassmen activity hours and will not be broadcast on the school TVs.
Activities for freshmen and sophomores
- Broomball (teams of 7 in the Pagel Center)
- Basketball (teams of 4 in the West Gym)
- Dodge ball (teams of 8 in the Back Gym)
- Touch football (teams of 6 in the Dome)
- Ultimate Frisbee (teams of 6 in the Dome)
- Concert in the Art Center (MHS/coffee house bands)
- Movie in the forum
- Trivia/Bingo in the black box
Activities for juniors and seniors
- Saturday, Feb. 18, 9-11:30 p.m.
- $10/person (see Mary Beth Wiig in the counseling office if you need assistance)
- MHS Commons