College and Career Center
The College and Career Center contains a vast library of resources including:
- Career information
- College catalogs
- College/career search software
- Guides for colleges and technical schools
- SAT/ACT resources
College and Career Center programs enhance student learning:
- College visits: Each year over 200 colleges and universities visit MHS. It is a great way for students to find out more about a school and see if it is a fit for them. The majority of these visits are scheduled to take place in September and October. You may view a list of scheduled visits on Family Connection.
- College counselor presentations: MHS College Counselor, Phil Trout, offers several presentations throughout the year - View a list of presentations
- On-site college visits: Each year over 200 colleges and universities visit* MHS. It is a great way for students to find out more about a school and see if it is a fit for them. If you are a college representative and would like to schedule a visit at Minnetonka High School, please contact Jennifer Tone.
- Classroom visits: Classrooms visit the College & Career Center to learn about occupations and college options.
- Junior resource visits: Juniors meet individually with volunteers to complete a computerized career and college search in the spring of their junior year.
- Foreign Exchange information sessions: Are you interested in learning about other countries, or interested in getting information about hosting a foreign exchange student or becoming a foreign exchange student? The MHS Foreign Exchange information sessions provide answers to your questions. During these sessions, MHS foreign exchange students will answer questions and share information about their countries, cultures and exchange programs. Representatives and/or materials from several exchange programs will also be available. Sessions are held each year in November. View a video
- National College Fair: As part of the career and post-high school planning process, the College & Career Center sponsors a field trip for all MHS juniors to attend the National College Fair each fall.
- College Forum: Recent MHS Graduates share their college experiences at the annual College Forum in December. View a video from the 2011 College Forum.
- Decision Day – May 1: Each year on May 1st, MHS Seniors are invited to the College & Career Center to celebrate Decision Day. Seniors – wear a shirt that represents your post-high school plans* and join us during your lunch hour for cake and a “senior slide show” to celebrate your next step!
*College, military, work, gap year…whatever your plans are, you are invited to show your pride by wearing a shirt to the May 1st celebration!
|Monday||7:45 a.m.-3 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:45 a.m-3 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:45 a.m.-3 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:45 a.m.-3 p.m.|
|Friday||7:45 a.m.-3 p.m.|
If you are interested in volunteering at the College and Career Center, click here.
Beginning in the spring of the sophomore year, guidance counselors work with MHS students to utilize many great tools available on Family Connection for post-high school planning. MHS students are encouraged to log-in to Family Connection regularly during their Sophomore, Junior and Senior year!
View Scholarship Information on Family Connection
* Please note, if you do not have a Family Connection username and password, you will need to login as a guest in Family Connection to view this information