Booster Club and Store
- The Skippers Booster Club welcomes interested parents who have a current student at MHS. Board positions are available, as well as committee volunteer opportunities. Learn more on the Skippers Booster Club page.
College and Career Center
- College & Career Center Volunteers support the Guidance Office by providing assistance with College and Career Center programs and activities, as well as assisting students and parents with post high school planning resources. Volunteer shifts in the College and Career Center are a weekly commitment (2 ½ hours per week). Training is provided. Please contact Beth Scanlan for more information: Beth.Scanlan@minnetonkaschools.org
- The Friendly Presence program is an essential and valuable program. The job entails gathering messages from the Guidance and front offices and delivering them to students in their classrooms. Friendly Presence volunteers also provide students with a warm and welcoming adult presence in hallways. This is a fun, rewarding and easy volunteer opportunity with many scheduling options. Shifts are typically once a month, but can be weekly, biweekly or whatever works for your schedule. The shifts are one hour or longer and the shifts can be done alone or with a friend. Training is provided. Friendly Presence volunteers enjoy being in the high school, getting to know the staff and being part of the school environment. Please contact Lisa LaCombe for more information: email@example.com.
School Event Volunteers
- Parent volunteers are needed to support the MHS administration and Student Government activities. This includes back to school week (ID photo taking and handout), homecoming week (t-shirt and dance ticket sales), staff luncheons during Parent-Teacher Conferences, Heart Week (t-shirt and dance ticket sales) and prom (ticket sales). Shifts are fun, flexible and typically last 1.5 hours. Our volunteers play a key role in the success of these school events. Please contact the parent volunteer coordinator to join and for more information: Tonkavols@gmail.com
Background Check Process for Volunteers
To ensure the safety of our students, we require criminal background checks on the following:
- Any volunteer who accompanies students off campus (i.e., chaperones for field trips).
- Any volunteer who is responsible for working with students on campus, but not under the supervision of a licensed teacher.
Volunteer background checks do not need to be done every year. Once you have been approved through our volunteer background check process, you will be cleared to volunteer into the future without going through the process again.
To inquire whether you already have a cleared volunteer background check on file, please contact either the main office or Human Resources at 952-401-5014.
The online criminal background check form requires you to provide authorization for a variety of criminal background checks:
- National Sex Offense History: Provides a sexual offender registry check of all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Criminal SuperSearch: A criminal search for 47 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Social Security Number Trace: Provides the name, aliases, 10 year address history, and all social security numbers associated with the individual. Verifies that the social security number is valid, gives year of issuance and state issued.
The background checks will be done at the District’s expense and information will be kept confidential. Human Resources staff members will review the results of each background check. If there are any concerns regarding the results of a background check, Human Resources will contact that individual directly within 24-48 hours after receiving the results. If you are not contacted within 48 hours after filling out the background check form you are clear to volunteer. The online form includes an option for volunteers to request a copy of their own report.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to maintain a safe and secure educational environment for our students.
Click here to complete the volunteer background check
Note: If you are a current employee of Minnetonka Schools, you are already cleared to work in the District, so do not need to complete the volunteer background check.
We are thrilled to have the help, support and presence of our volunteer parents. In order to provide a safe environment, where students are our first priority, we need to adhere to following procedures:
- Check-in procedure: It is essential that all volunteers in the building sign in and use visitor badges provided by the school.
- Confidentiality: Educators recognize the importance of confidentiality. Everyone is more secure in an environment where the privacy of the student and the student's family is respected. We expect the same commitment to confidentiality from our volunteers as we do from ourselves.