Daily Parking Permits
Daily Permits for the 2017-18 school year are only available for online purchase. No in-person payments this year.
A shuttle service from MMW to MHS is available. Click the button below for more information.
At Minnetonka High School, because of our limited parking, students must apply for a carpool parking permit which allows two or more licensed drivers to park one car on campus. Permits must be shared and are available to juniors and seniors. Open enrollment students also are expected to apply for a shared permit. Remember only licensed drivers are eligible to apply.
The parking permit application for 2017-18 will go live on Aug. 7, 2017 and close Aug. 16, 2017. Permits are not issued on a first come, first serve basis, but we will prioritize using a pool process. For the 2017-18 school year, we will be issuing parking permits based on the number of licensed drivers in a carpool. All parking permits will cost $300. If approved for a parking permit you will be contacted via email for distribution times and location. The following pools will be used to issue permits:
- Pool 1: Four licensed drivers with at least one senior
- Pool 2: Four licensed drivers with at least one junior
- Pool 3: Three licensed drivers with at least one senior
- Pool 4: Three licensed drivers with at least one junior
- Pool 5: Two licensed drivers with at least one senior
- Pool 6: Two licensed drivers with at least one junior
- Pool 7: Senior individual (we will not draw from here until after school begins)
- Pool 8: Junior individual (we will not draw from here until after school begins)
Permits will be drawn first from Pool 1, then Pool 2, and so on until all permits have been issued. Sophomores will no longer be eligible for parking permits unless they are in a carpool with a junior or senior. Many of our students are highly involved– please plan your carpools carefully.
A checklist for the parking permit application is as follows:
- Fill out a parking permit application in August.
- Wait for notification that you have been approved for a parking permit.
- Review the Parking Policies and complete the Parking Assessment.
- Pay your parking permit fee in Skyward (Fee Management), after your carpool has been approved.
- Pay all outstanding fees in Skyward (Fee Management).
- Complete any outstanding detention hours.
Your application must be submitted and approved prior to making the payment. Please discuss your payment plans with your parking carpool to be sure the permit fee of $300 will be paid in full. Your permit fee will be assessed to your Skyward Fee Management account after approvals. We will split the fee among carpool members as you indicated on the permit application. The permit and all outstanding fees and fines for all carpool members must be paid in full before the permit will be released.
Please note, any student receiving a parking permit will not receive a seat on the school bus.
Parking permits will be put on hold for students having outstanding detention hours, or unpaid fees and fines. Permits will be released upon the completion of detention hours and/or the payment of fees and fines.
Be certain to bring your driver’s license on the permit distribution days and a check or cash if you have not paid online. Remember each person identified on the permit application must show their driver’s license before the permit will be granted.
All drivers are expected to use caution around the high school and park in appropriate spots. Parking fines can be paid at the Bursar's Office at Minnetonka High School or by credit card online using Skyward (Fee Management).
Parking on campus is a privilege at MHS. It is important to remember that your partner’s actions in relation to: attendance, behavior, parking violations or outstanding fines may impact both holders of the permit and may result in the temporary loss of each holder’s parking privileges. Students are encouraged to keep this information in mind, when selecting a permit partner.All Parking Violations (Permit Holders Only)
|Fourth Violation||Revocation of Permit|
Parking on Campus Without a Permit
|Fourth Violation||Vehicle will be towed|