The February Read-a-Thon is On!
On February 1, Miss Frizzle and a few Minnewashta students presented the February Read-a-Thon challenge during an all-school assembly.
Our goal is to read 1,000,000 minutes as a school during the month of February and raise $50,000 toward developing new collaborative learning spaces in the building to enrich every child’s experience at Minnewashta. (We have some preliminary plans in place that we will be sharing this month.)
If we read 1,000,000 minutes, Miss Frizzle will have her hair dyed red at our closing assembly on Tuesday, February 28. If we hit our financial goal, Miss Frizzle and her students will be sleeping on a bus in the parking lot in early March!
- Every classroom will be developing a list of incentives for meeting minute and dollar goals throughout the month.
- The top 5 readers at each grade level will receive Scholastic dollars to spend at the Minnewashta Book Fair and will get the chance to read with Miss Frizzle on the bus.
- If your child raises $100 or more, s/he will get an invite to the Minnewashta Magic School Bus Movie Marathon. This event will take place during the school day. Students will enjoy snacks and a few of their favorite episodes of the show in a theater-like setting.
How to Navigate the Whooosreading Website
- Review the parent cheat sheet that will help you navigate the read-a-thon site http://www.whooosreading.com.
- Your child has a unique username and password for accessing the site. Please log-on with your child and authorize their account. If you wish, you can then invite sponsors.
We thank you ahead of time for your support in motivating our students to read, read, read this month!
Cindy Andress (Miss Frizzle)