2016-17 volunteer opportunities are here!
|Scholastic and Chinese Book Fair|
The fair will be from Feb 28-March 3, including during conferences. We are in need of volunteers during the shifts provided to help kids and parents make selections, restocking and with set-up and tear down.
|Fifth Grade Recognition|
We have many ways for you to help plan before the big event. Please take a look at the different sub-committees that we have and sign up for one or more that interest you.
|Spring Conference Meals for Teachers|
Spring conferences are approaching, during which the teachers have a very limited amount of time for breaks and meals. The Hospitality Committee coordinates snacks and meals. Please consider donating some food and/or drinks to show our teachers our appreciation for all of their hard work.
|World Culture Week|
Please sign up to take our students on a tour of Egypt. No prior knowledge or experience needed, just come for your shift and everything will be ready for you. You may volunteer during your child's class but please stay for the entire volunteer shift.
Background Check Process for Volunteers
To ensure the safety of our students, we require criminal background checks on the following:
- Any volunteer who accompanies students off campus (i.e., chaperones for field trips).
- Any volunteer who is responsible for working with students on campus, but not under the supervision of a licensed teacher.
Volunteer background checks do not need to be done every year. Once you have been approved through our volunteer background check process, you will be cleared to volunteer into the future without going through the process again.
To inquire whether you already have a cleared volunteer background check on file, please contact either the main office or Human Resources at 952-401-5014.
The online criminal background check form requires you to provide authorization for a variety of criminal background checks:
- National Sex Offense History: Provides a sexual offender registry check of all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Criminal SuperSearch: A criminal search for 47 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Social Security Number Trace: Provides the name, aliases, 10 year address history, and all social security numbers associated with the individual. Verifies that the social security number is valid, gives year of issuance and state issued.
The background checks will be done at the District’s expense and information will be kept confidential. Human Resources staff members will review the results of each background check. If there are any concerns regarding the results of a background check, Human Resources will contact that individual directly within 24-48 hours after receiving the results. If you are not contacted within 48 hours after filling out the background check form you are clear to volunteer. The online form includes an option for volunteers to request a copy of their own report.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to maintain a safe and secure educational environment for our students.
Click here to complete the volunteer background check
Note: If you are a current employee of Minnetonka Schools, you are already cleared to work in the District, so do not need to complete the volunteer background check.