Lost, Stolen or Damaged
If the iPad is lost, it must be reported to the Media Center staff as soon as possible. It may be the responsibility of the student and family to recover or replace the lost iPad. If necessary, the District and the police will assist in recovery.
Do not attempt to gain access to the internal electronics or repair your iPad. If your iPad fails to work or is damaged, report the problem to the school Media Center as soon as possible. iPad repair/replacement options will be determined by the school Media Center staff. You may be issued a temporary iPad or other materials until your iPad is working properly or replaced. If the iPad is experiencing technical difficulties outside of school hours, you will need to wait until you return to school to fix it.
For students taking an iPad home:
- Replacement fees may be assessed for lost or damaged items in accordance with the District’s Student Fee Schedule for lost or damaged materials.
- Damaged or broken screen may cost up to $230 depending on what layer of the screen is broken
- Replacement cost for the provided iPad case is $50
- Replacement cost for the provided iPad wall charger is $25
- Replacement cost for the entire iPad is $474
The District offers a voluntary iPad insurance program to protect families from expensive repair costs. The iPad insurance cost is $40 annually and covers damage but not loss or theft. The insurance program offers complete coverage for the first instance of accidental damage. Additional instances of accidental damage will incur a $40 deductible.
Students who leave Minnetonka Public Schools during the school year must return the iPad, along with any other accessories, at the time they leave. The iPad and all accessories should be returned to the Media Center staff.