Peachjar.com Electronic Flyers
- All flyers must be uploaded to Peachjar by the group sponsoring the event or activity.
- The deadline is Tuesday evenings for distribution on Wednesdays.
- Parent group leaders who will be submitting flyers often for your school, please contact your school office assistant for rights as a "School Uploader."
- Parent group members who will regularly be posting for distribution beyond your school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request permission as a "District Uploader."
- All other groups, please create a "Community" account in Peachjar. (detailed instructions here).
Procedural Guidelines for Approving Eflyers
To be publicized through our schools, all activities, events, materials and opportunities must relate directly to children and families and must comply with the District's advertising policy. The District reserves the right to deny permission for the posting or distribution of materials that are not consistent with the best interests of students and families or that directly compete with District programs or services.
To submit a flyer for electronic distribution:
- Organizations requesting approval for distribution of materials must do so through Peachjar.com. Click Register in the top right corner to create an account. After registering, click on Upload a Flyer under the My Flyers heading. (Video Tutorial)
- Approved flyers (other than those sponsored by a Minnetonka School District program or Minnetonka Community Education) must have this statement on the flyer/brochure: This program is not run by Minnetonka Public Schools. Neither the school nor the District endorse this activity, but they provide equal access to sharing the information as required by federal law.
- Flyers must be submitted as a PDF, letter size, portrait or vertical layout. Colorful flyers with few words and large fonts that include a website address for more information are most effective. Word templates are available on Peachjar.com
- Download this Tip Sheet: Guide to Eflyer Success.pdfGuide to Eflyer Success.pdf
- Flyers are approved and emailed on Wednesdays. Tuesday evening is the deadline for submitting flyers each week.
- The District reserves the right to deny distribution of any materials promoting services that compete with District programs or services, including those from other public or private schools.
A. The following definitions of groups and organizations with distribution guidelines have been developed:
1. School-related Activities
a. Each school will distribute materials that relate to the school’s activities, activities sponsored by student and parent organizations of the specific school the student attends, and student, parent and community activities coordinated/sponsored by the School District, including Minnetonka Community Education and Services.
2. Public Agencies or Organizations
These groups are defined as those that are tax supported. Examples include city activities, elections, public hearings, and police/fire department information. Informational materials from these organizations will be distributed no more than once weekly.
3. Community Organizations – (Civic/Charitable/Student)
These organizations are defined as organizations not operating for pecuniary profit. Materials from these organizations will be distributed no more than once weekly.
4. Fraternal Organizations
These organizations are defined as organizations operating for the benefit of a specific group within the community. Limited posters from these groups will be permitted when these organizations are sponsoring scholarship programs of direct benefit to students. Announcements of scholarship programs of direct benefit to students may also be made.
5. Churches/Religious Groups
These organizations are defined as religious organizations operating for the benefit of a specific group within the community. The school district, by law and court decisions, provides equal access to groups who meet this criteria.
6. Commercial Organizations/Individuals
These are defined as profit-making businesses or individuals not affiliated with an organization that is defined herein, and that they provide opportunities or events that generate financial support to schools and/or the School District. Prior approval of any commercial/individual partnership that generates donations to our schools must be approved in advance by the superintendent/ designee. Materials from such approved commercial organizations/individuals may contain advertising. Any advertising must be inconspicuous, and the commercial purpose of the organization/business shall not be dominant in any materials that are approved for posting. Materials from non-approved commercial organizations/individuals will not be accepted.