Parenting with Purpose
2017-18 Speaker Series
TEENS & TECHNOLOGY: WORKSHOPS FOR PARENTS
Speakers: Jessica Wong, Hazelden Betty Ford and Mathew Meyers, Traverse Counseling
Three-part series. All workshops held from 6:30-8 p.m. at the Excelsior Elementary Auditorium
FAMILIES FIRST: TAP THE POWER OF PARENT/CHILD CONNECTIONS
Presented by the Search Institute
Thursday, November 9 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Minnetonka High School Arts Center
Research-based, everyday ways to become more intentional in forming, strengthening and sustaining strong relationships with your children.
- Learn the five elements of strong connections
- Learn what parents overlook, but that kids need
- Help kids develop key character strengths and skills for success in school, life and work
SPARKING THE HAPPINESS ADVANTAGE
Two Workshops based on The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
- "Retrain the Brain to Capitalize on Productivity and Performance"
- Wednesday, March 14 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Minnetonka High School Cafeteria
- "A Deeper Dive into Positive Thinking"
- Saturday, April 14 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Location TBD
THE BIRDS + BEES FOR PARENTS OF MIDDLE SCHOOL Students
Speaker: Amy Lang
Wednesday, March 7 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Minnetonka High School Arts Center