Brad Board Award
Bradley G. Board Grant for Excellence in Elementary Education
Sponsored by the Minnetonka Public Schools Foundation, the Bradley G. Board Fund awards an annual grant award to a District elementary teacher or professional staff person as a form of public recognition of excellence and achievement for this individual as a teacher/mentor having great impact on children. This monetary award is intended as a sign of encouragement for ongoing teaching and learning. It is meant to assist in the pursuit of the recipient’s interests.
Past award recipients
- 2016 - Kay Ost, Deephaven (watch video)
- 2015 - Daryl Seifert, Groveland Elementary (watch video)
- 2014 - Kelly Phillips, Clear Springs
- 2013 - Sue Odt, Groveland Elementary
- 2012 - Jeanne Krake, Scenic Heights Elementary
- 2011 - Lynn Owens, Deephaven Elementary
- 2010 - Sandy Katkov, Scenic Heights Elementary
- 2009 - Laura Whalen, Minnewashta Elementary
- 2008 - Colleen Small, Groveland Elementary
- 2007 - Mary Beth Solheim, Special Education Teacher
- 2006 - Debbie Engel, Clear Springs Elementary
- Elementary teacher or professional staff person
- Evidence of excellence and achievement
- Recognized by colleagues and others as an outstanding elementary educator
The tribute will consist of a plaque in recognition of the award, and a monetary sum of $750 from the Bradley G. Board Fund, Minnetonka Public Schools Foundation. The use of the funds will not be restricted.
- Any Minnetonka employee, parent, student or community member may make the nomination. Self-nominations are not accepted. Elementary teachers nominated for Child-Centered Excellence Awards will automatically be considered.
- The nomination shall include:
- Nominator’s name, address and phone number
- Nominee’s name and elementary school
- A brief essay not to exceed 250 words.
- Deadline is March 1.
- The selection will be made by a committee of the Minnetonka Public Schools Foundation.