In Minnetonka, we are confident that this new model for engaging students in their learning effectively foreshadows the future of public education. Today's world requires agile, creative thinkers who are innovative in their approach to problem solving and skillful in working collaboratively with others. This is an opportunity to reinvent the learning experience for students and inspire them with an authentic and real-world set of challenges on a daily basis.
VANTAGE is a partnership-based platform, changing the face of education. Join us as we create something very special for tomorrow's leaders.Email us to begin the dialogue.
- Guest Instructor: A business leader who teaches content based on industry experience.
- Curriculum Development: Provide input and audit of curriculum development.
- Mentor : A trusted and experienced adviser who has a direct interest in the development and education of a younger or less experienced individual interested in a similar field.
- Business Project Partner: A business or professional who offers an authentic business issue, project or challenge for VANTAGE students to examine, analyze and posit a solution.
- Office Location: A corporate setting for profession-based learning. Space needs for the VANTAGE Global Business program are estimated at 3,000-5,000 square feet and 30-50 parking spaces, available August 2013-June 2014.
- Become an Investor : Whether you have time, money, office space, or excess office equipment, your investment in this innovative approach to education will have a far-reaching impact.
Students accepted into the VANTAGE program are highly motivated 17-18 year old students comfortable with committing to a rigorous course of study in a professional environment. You are expected to meet the standards for professional conduct while on location and benefit from interaction with employees who support the partnership.
If accepted into the program, you will be concurrently enrolled in Advanced Placement Economics (Micro and Macro), International Baccalaureate Business and Management and Business Communications. Model students have a college-level reading ability, strong math skills, and an interest in business. With the guidance of experienced teachers and business project managers, student project teams may participate in:
- New product launches
- Focus groups
- Marketing analysis
- Event planning & management
- Social media strategies
- Marketing planning
- Price strategy development
- Brand development
- Pricing elasticity analysis