The English Department is dedicated to providing a rigorous, academic environment that encourages students to become independent learners and critical thinkers in all aspects of the language arts: reading, writing, and speaking and listening.
- Reading: Interpreting, analyzing, evaluating, and appreciating written language in its many forms
- Grammar and Mechanics: Using grammatically correct language to communicate effectively
- Writing: Understanding the writing process; creating written texts for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Speaking and Listening: Communicating effectively through oral presentations and developing listening skills
- Vocabulary: Mastering vocabulary through a variety of strategies