Early Childhood Special Ed (ECSE)
We provide early intervention for young children, age birth to kindergarten, who show developmental delay in the general areas of:
- Speech and Language
- Large and fine motor skills
- Adaptive/functional skills
- Vision or hearing losses
- Social/Emotional skills
After your child receives a formal evaluation to identify specific needs, trained ECSE teachers and specialists will work with you and your child to develop his or her greatest potential. From birth to age three, these Special Education services are delivered to your child primarily in his or her home or childcare center. From age three to Kindergarten, your child will receive these services at our Minnetonka Community Education Center.
The ECSE process guarantees parental involvement every step of the way. From birth to age three, your child's education is outlined in the "Individual Family Service Plan," or IFSP. After that, your child's educational goals and objectives are spelled out in his or her "Individual Education Plan," or IEP. You are a key team member in putting together the IFSP and IEP.
The ECSE staff supports children and their families by:
- Helping children do the best they can through individualized program plans (IFSP and IEP) geared to promote development, based on each child's assessed level of function and need.
- Supporting and educating families to help promote the abilities and work with the challenges of children who have special needs.
- Providing parents with information about community-based experiences for their children
Minnetonka Community Education Center
4584 Vine Hill Road
Deephaven, MN 55331
Submit questions and feedback online and receive a response within one business day through Let’s Talk.